link to main site

link to main site
This is my old site now. Click here for the new one!

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Sketches from Sydney

So, I am back from Sydney, and back to doing some more regular updates for the blog. While I was there, it's not a big shock that I did some sketches and stuff as I went around, and I'll share a few of those as I get back into doing some new illustration work.

The first one I wanted to put up was a couple of sketches I did in Sydney's beautiful Chinese Garden. If you're in the city, this is a fantastic place to go, incredibly relaxing, and I loved the  way they make use of the incongruous urban surroundings to highlight the importance of Yin / Yang - style balance. The first is of the Moon Gate, and the second is of a lizard I spotted basking on a rock. I've also included my photographs of the two subjects, for context.



©2010 James Mathurin

No comments:

Post a Comment