link to main site

link to main site
This is my old site now. Click here for the new one!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Education pieces

One of the things I've loved the most in recent years is working with children. These are a few pieces that I've done while I was doing that:

It was Christmas while I was working with the Year 6 class at Barrow Hedges Primary, so this was something I knocked up to go with their Christmas cards. I was quite touched to see a few of them still stuck on the inside of desks well into the New Year. I should also mention there was a very talented little girl in the class, Jasmine Read, who showed great promise in cartooning, even at only 11; keep an eye out for her in a few year's time.
These are pictures of Egyptian gods I did with a Year 4 class as part of their Egypt work. The first piece shows Osiris, Isis, Ra, Horus, Anubis, Bast and Nut, while the second shows Ra and Bast in modern dress. This became an activity with the class, where they designed their own modern gods and goddesses.

©2010 James Mathurin

No comments:

Post a Comment