link to main site

link to main site
This is my old site now. Click here for the new one!

Friday 10 October 2014

Some insect sketches

So, I'm carrying on with the Entomon comic I started with my comics group, and that will require some more bugs (I would say insects, but I really wanted to include a Millipede, and that would just be scientifically inaccurate). Not all of these will be used straight away, but I'll be trying to work them in.

Seeing as this is part of my tutorial series, I will simply say this: If you're drawing something for the first time, do your research and sketching. Even if you don't end up with perfect copies, you'll pick up on little details that will make it look much more interesting, and will help you if you have to make up a fictional version.


Millipede:

Beetle and Mantis (this is actually an old one that I seem to have never scanned before):


©2014 James Mathurin

No comments:

Post a Comment